Sunday, July 19, 2009

Days of our Diets: Day 5

I meant to get this posted a few hours earlier but I got distracted browsing the interwebs.

Well I got up late...and missed a shake! OH NO! Still not sure if this is too bad a thing, but what is done is done.

My sister is dog sitting for the weekend and I decided to go with her to check the dogs since we were going to go to lunch then afterwards.

Great Danes are big. She will be taking care of a Great Dane and 2 daschund for the weekend. It is such a crazy difference in dog types it is quite funny. We let the dogs into the backyard to, do what dogs do, and I decided to kick around the soccerball for the Great Dane (from this point: Dante) Well after about 10 minutes of being outside and I got the ball again. I went to dribble the ball and basically play keep away with Dante. Well, it turns out that Dante plays the man instead of the ball. I thought it was going to eat me.

P.S. The dog was walking around with a bone the size of my femur.

After escaping from the house of hounds. We went to Boston Pizza for lunch, a sensible grilled chicken caesar salad later and I was full. Yay! Yummy food!

I picked up the adaptor required for my air pump so I could refuel my tire on my new bike (see day 4). And got to go for a ride on it finally! It is much, much, much better than riding the mountain bike I was. I am happy with my purchase as of now!

I was then able to converse with a biking friend of mine of the pain that is a: Headwind!(WIND BLOWING AT YOUR FACE! IT SLOWS ME DOWN ALOT!) There was a strong headwind on the final leg of my bike ride.

I felt a little ridiculous trying so hard to pedal into the wind when on the other side of the road a couple of Menonite boys seemed to be having such a nice bike ride going the opposite way.

I also got to hear from my girlfriend, which I have yet to mention on my blog. She is currently on a 5 week trip to Iran to visit her family over there. She is safe and is having a good time!

I wish she would come back now though, since there are a few movies I would like to see in the theatres right now and no one seems to be able to join me! Public Enemies, and Bruno are high on that list. If you have seen either and feel like posting a comment telling me if it was good or not feel free. I think I may try getting some reader's comments more...if just to know there are some people reading my rants.

It's tough to think of stuff to write for Shake Days, since how many times can I really repeat something like "I had a Shake today, it is still not delicious." (For those of you counting at home this is 4 times!)

That's all for now.

Tomorrow: Biking, and a new kind of post.

No comments:

Post a Comment